Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sunflower Thank You Cards

Have you noticed a new trend with weddings lately -- everyone seems to be using bright colors on their stationary and wedding party attire. An old friend of mine is getting married over Labor Day weekend and their invitations are beautiful -- with bright, bold sunflowers! I volunteered to make some thank you notes for them and was expecting to do a simple monogram with our new Bride or Groom DSP, but I don't think that would coordinate so well. So I borrowed a retired Sunflower stamp set (thanks Sherla!) and came up with some quick sunflower designs. I'm still waiting to hear which one they like best.

The white cards are the pre-packaged Notecards and Envelopes (pkg of 20, #107311, $5.95). I love that they are cut, scored, and ready to go!

For this card, I stamped an entire sheet of Whisper White cardstock and cut it into pieces to make up quick cards with a little more color.

Supplies: DD Sunflower stamp set, Thank You Kindly, Notecards & Envelopes, Always Artichoke ink & cardstock, Soft Suede ink, Summer Sun ink, Crushed Curry ink & cardstock

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like these. I didn't even know they had these pre-packaged cards. Very cool!

Cindy Malone said...

I really like the Sunflowers stamped on the white note cards, it makes them POP off the page.
Very nice, like them both.

Nancy B. - nacky71@hotmail.com said...

They are all bright and cheerful. I vote for #1 -- the one that says "Thank you." :-)

ThreadCatcher said...

I like the sunflowers on the white cards. My favorite was the one on the right. jmniffer

Unknown said...

I really like the notecards, simple yet the sunflowers really grab your attention.