Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hawaii Papaya Birthday Card

We had a great time with my family at the beach yesterday...my siblings and their kids, my parents, and grandparents. It was fabulous to see everyone and the weather was perfect for beach play! I hope to post scrapbook pages of our day soon.

Besides playing in the sand, we celebrated September birthdays. I posted two cards already, and here's one more that I made for my sister (sorry it was late, Aimee!). This pattern in the Hawaii Papaya DSP made me think of her, so I just had to use it for her card. I think it's the colors (Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, and Chocolate Chip) and retro feel of the pattern that I know she likes.

I loved the flowers on the paper, but we don't have any current stamps with that kind of flower, so I made my own with the Scallop Circle punch. I cut in between each "petal" to make it look like a flower and then used circle punches to add to the center, mirroring the flowers on the paper.

Supplies: Full of Life stamp set, Hawaii Papaya DSP, Kiwi Kiss cardstock, Tangerine Tango ink & cardstock, Chocolate Chip marker & cardstock, Very Vanilla cardstock, Scallop Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Spiral Punch

2 comments:

Tara Kieninger said...

Oh so pretty. The flower really sets it off.

Heidi Bound said...

Great color combo! Thanks for sharing this wonderful creation!