Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy Baby Scrapbook Page

I had a great time stamping with Lisa and her family and friends on Sunday. (Thanks again for hosting a party, Lisa!) One of the projects I put together for Lisa's party was this 12" x 12" scrapbook page. Sorry I didn't get a chance to make a sample with pictures. The empty Regal Rose and So Saffron squares are meant to be photo mats. And there is space under the Saffron squares for journaling.

I used the Serif Essentials dies with the Big Shot to make the title. To give it extra thickness, I cut a piece of cardboard that comes with the DSP along with the paper. (Make sure to put the side of the paper you want face down when loading the die in the machine.) After I cut the letters, I used Tombow Multi adhesive to adhere the paper to the cardboard. (I've heard that adhering the cardboard or chipboard and paper before you cut will gunk up the die.)

I arranged the flower embellishments in a triangle pattern on the page -- it's more pleasing to the eye this way. I also used the principle of 3's...three groupings, and one of the groupings had 3 flowers. The flowers were made of layers from various punches (5-Petal Flower Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Scallop Circle Punch) and Soft Subtles brads.

Supplies: Serif Essentials dies for the Big Shot, Fundamental Phrases stamp set ("happy"), Georgia Peach DSP, Pretty in Pink cardstock, Pink Pirouette cardstock, So Saffron cardstock, Regal Rose ink & cardstock, 5-Petal Flower Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Soft Subtles brads, 1/16" Hole Punch

2 comments:

Brooke S said...

Cute scrapbook page Julie, My club girls would love this... Thanks for sharing..
Hugs
Brooke

Ellen Pruett (aka Chipper) said...

Ah...just love that page!!