Sunday, September 21, 2008

Eastern Blooms Circle Card

I was first introduced to the circle card at a regional seminar in St. Louis a couple years ago. The presenter showed some adorable variations, including a ladybug and a Christmas ornament. There are so many possibilities with this shape! Here's my version with the Eastern Blooms stamp set and four of the new In Colors.

I used the Coluzzle to cut the circles. The Baja Breeze (lighter blue) circle is the actual card that opens. I started with a 4-1/4" x 4-1/4" card and lined it up so the fold of the card was just inside of the left side of the circle. So it didn't cut a complete circle, leaving the fold intact. There is a fun trick to try with different dies on the Big Shot too! Speaking of the Big Shot, I used the large Scallop Circle for the background on the card. I added it after I made the card and I think it makes the red really pop!

The button is faux sewed on the card. Check out this post for details on how to do that.

Supplies: Eastern Blooms (15% off until 9/30!), Best Yet hostess stamp set, Pacific Point ink & cardstock, Baja Breeze ink & cardstock, Riding Hood Red ink & cardstock, Kiwi Kiss ink, Whisper White cardstock, Button Bouquet, white embroidery floss, Mini Glue Dots, Coluzzle cutting system

Note: The finished card will fit in a regular Medium envelope, but you need to kind of refold the top envelope crease a little to get it to close.

1 comment:

Stacey Schafer said...

love this circle card: darling!